General Information about Pupil Premium.
The Department of Education (DfE) provides addition funding, known as Pupil Premium.
Pupil Premium is funding given to schools to raise attainment of disadvantaged pupils and close the gap between them and their peers, and supporting children and young people with parents in regular armed forces.
Categories for Pupil Premium :-
- Pupils in Year Groups R-6 recorded as ever receiving Free School Meals within last 6 years £1320
- Pupils in Year Groups 7-11 recorded as ever receiving Free School Meals within last 6 years £935
- Looked After Children £1900
- Children Adopted from Care £1900
- Services Children Years Groups R – 11 recorded as ever Service Children within last 6 years, or in receipt of a child pension from the Ministry of Defence. £300
The grant is used to support the whole schools progress and attainment.
Funding Allocation 2018-19
The Pupil Premium for Financial 2018-19 will include pupils on Chapel Green School January 2018 School Census.
- 85% of pupils were recorded as ever receiving Free School Meals
- 10% of Pupils in school are Looked After Children
- 5% of pupils are Service Children
The school has received £21030.00 Pupil Premium Funding including
Pupil Premium Plus For Looked After Children 2018-19 (as at Sept 2018).
The Pupil Premium funding is not necessarily intended to be specifically allocated to individual pupils and schools have the freedom to decide how best to spend on eligible pupils. Chapel Green School use the funding to benefit all pupils with the exception of funding allocated to specific pupils, to maximise the impact of pupils’ progress and attainment.
Our Pupil Premium Strategy is reviewed annually in the Autumn Term.
Please find attached our most up to date Pupil Premium Strategy 2018-19.
Please click to see:
Historical Pupil Premium Allocation and Statement to Chapel Green School
- 2018-19: Pupil Premium Strategy and Impact
- 2017-18: Pupil Premium Strategy and Impact
- 2016-17: Pupil Premium Strategy and Impact
- 2015-16: Pupil Premium Strategy and Impact
- 2014-15: Use and Impact Document
- 2013-14: Use and Impact Document
For more information please see Pupil Premium paper from Government.